Getting here

Come by bus, car or on foot

We're in a great location and there's many easy ways of getting here. There's a number of bus routes, and Opal Passes available.
Travel Information

Easy, convenient and safe.

Find out the route to school that suits you best.

By car

Parents of Prep students are welcome to drive into the school grounds (driveway entrance from Tyalla Place) and use the dedicated Prep car parking spaces to drop off their Prep children.

For all other students travelling by car, parents should drop them on Derribong Drive at the bottom of the school driveway. Please do not use the school car park to drop off your students, unless they are in Prep.

Please see the school office if you feel that accessibility issues mean you require a school parking permit.

By bus

Illawarra Christian School students may travel to and from the School by bus. A number of bus companies service the school. View bus routes here.

Premier Illawarra
Dion’s Bus Service – Northern Illawarra

Bus passes

What is the School Opal Card?

The School Opal card gives eligible school students free travel on public transport between home and school on trains, buses and ferries within the Opal network.

Who can apply?

Students need to live a minimum distance from their school to be eligible for a School Opal card, as follows:

  • Years K-2 (Infants)
    No minimum distance.
  • Years 3-6 (Primary)
    More than 1.6km straight line distance or at least 2.3km walking.
  • Years 7-12 (Secondary)
    More than 2km straight line distance or at least 2.9km walking.

Who needs to apply

A new application is only required if the student has not had a School Opal card before.

If the student already has a School Opal card and is changing schools, campuses or home address, you will need to update their Opal card for the new school year before mid-December at Transport for NSW.

A parent or guardian must apply for students 15 years and under. Students 16 years and over can apply for themselves.

How to apply

Applications for next year open at the start of Term 4 this year.

  1. Once the school has confirmed your child's enrolment, complete the application form at Transport for NSW.
  2. The school endorses your application.
  3. Once approved, a School Opal card will be sent to the address provided on the application.

Replacement Opal cards

If your School Opal card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you should apply for a replacement pass.

ICS Bus Routes

3.35 mb KB

We're known and trusted by

BFS_Fun Club_NoR.png
Exceeding PNG.png