Becoming tech-savvy digital natives.
At Illawarra Christian School, we embrace the innovative use of technology and aim to nurture a generation of thoughtful and capable users of exciting emerging tools.
We seek to harness the power of technology in ways that engage 21st-century learners as they participate in collaborative endeavours fostering critical and creative thinking.
We actively explore the use of the latest technologies such as drones, 3D printers and smart devices. We seek to integrate technology in pedagogically powerful ways that have the potential to transform and reimagine learning environments.
Technology is integrated into learning in all subject areas at Illawarra Christian School.
iPads are accessible in classrooms for infants and primary students on a 2:1 ratio, and all secondary students are provided with a technology device for use at school and home. This gives students access to the following services and resources:
- SEQTA, our integrated learning management system which provides complete access to each class’s learning experiences
- a full range of digital textbooks and related resources as we partner with Jacaranda Online
- specialist sets of high-end media production computers for Multimedia, Design & Technology, Visual Arts and Music classes
- Google Apps for Education to allow student online collaboration
- full access to the Office 365 and Adobe CC Master suite for all students.